Clear all

[Solved] Getting Your Documents Prepared for the Visa Application in Barbados for a Z visa.

1 Posts
1 Users
Shekera Boyce
Posts: 2
Topic starter
New Member
Joined: 3 years ago

Congratulations! You have been given a job in China and you need to get your documents and luggage ready to head off to your new life.

But how do you get your documents ready?

In Barbados, there are numerous steps in which you have to go through to get your documents notarized to submit to your new job to be able to get Z visa (for work). 

Documents you would need: Diploma (the original and 1 copy) and Police Certificate of Character ( 1 copy) 

First take your original copy of your diploma and your extra copy to the Ministry of Education, Technological and Vocational Training. Located at Constitution Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados.

Opening Hours: 

Sunday Closed
Monday 8:30AM–4:30PM
Tuesday 8:30AM–4:30PM
Wednesday 8:30AM–4:30PM
Thursday 8:30AM–4:30PM
Friday 8:30AM–4:30PM

The cost of the ministry placing an official stamp on the copy of the diploma (to say that it is a copy of the original) is $1. 

Next take the stamped copy of the diploma and the police certificate of character to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade. This is for Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade to notarize both copy of diploma and Police Certificate of Character.  The process usually takes a few days. 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade is located at 1 Culloden Road Bridgetown St. Michael.

Opening Hours: 

Sunday Closed
Monday 8AM–4:30PM
Tuesday 8AM–4:30PM
Wednesday 8AM–4:30PM
Thursday 8AM–4:30PM
Friday 8AM–4:30PM


Next take the notarize copies to the Embassy of the People's Republic of China located 17 Golf View Terrace, St. Michael, Bridgetown, Barbados. Opening hours

Sunday Closed
Monday 8:30AM–12PM, 2–4:30PM
Tuesday 8:30AM–12PM, 2–4:30PM
Wednesday 8:30AM–12PM, 2–4:30PM
Thursday 8:30AM–12PM, 2–4:30PM
Friday 8:30AM–12PM, 2–4:30PM
Pay the relevant fees for the notarized copies. 
en_GBEnglish (UK)